TV News LIES

Sunday, Aug 23rd

Last update07:38:17 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance

Hasan Piker And Medea Benjamin Reportedly Subpoenaed For Their Trip To Cuba

Piker and BenjaminThe Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control has sent subpoenas to leftist Twitch streamer Hasan Piker and CodePink co-founder Medea Benjamin over their March trip to Cuba, according to Fox News.

“the american govt would rather try to criminalize delivering aid to a country we’ve starved, than punish the epstein class,” Piker wrote Saturday on X in response to the report.

Piker said Sunday on his Instagram story that he hasn’t received a subpoena and on his live Twitch stream Sunday, he said before his trip to Cuba, he cleared it with the Office of Foreign Assets Control, the office that Fox News reported issued the subpoenas. Piker called the alleged subpoenas an “intimidation tactic” from the American government.

Benjamin also said in a statement to HuffPost that she hasn’t been served a subpoena, though “perhaps” one is on its way. The co-founder of the feminist anti-war organization said she traveled to Cuba under the authorized category of providing aid to Cubans and she stayed in a hotel allowed under U.S. regulations.

More...

Lemon urges reporters covering Trump: ‘Have some dignity and a backbone’

Don LemonIndependent journalist Don Lemon on Thursday called on news reporters covering President Trump to “have some dignity and a backbone,” using former late-night host Stephen Colbert as an example.

Lemon, on his podcast “The Don Lemon Show,” said that “all of the late-night shows are going dark” to praise Colbert ahead of the final episode of “The Late Show.” Then he turned his attention to the Washington Press Corps.

“Do not let Karoline Leavitt call on the next person when you’re not finishing your question. Stand up for your colleagues,” he said, referring to White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt. “Stand up for yourself. Have some dignity and a backbone.”

He urged White House reporters to stand up for their colleagues and “stand up for respect” when facing Trump’s insults during questioning, telling them to “stand up for the First Amendment.”

“The next time someone calls one of your coworkers a piggy, the next time he calls them a loser, the next time he insults them, the next time he tells a Black woman that she knows dirt better than him, say something!” Lemon yelled.

More...

“The Occupation’s Conditions”: Trump’s Board of Peace Demands that Hamas Surrender to Netanyahu’s Gaza Agenda

Hamas has to answer to NetanyahuIt has been over seven months since Hamas and Israel came to a ceasefire agreement that promised to end the genocide in Gaza. But since then, senior leaders of Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad say, Israel and the U.S. have tried to implement terms that Hamas never agreed to—specifically, disarming the resistance while Israeli forces continue to occupy most of Gaza and violate the ceasefire on a daily basis.

President Donald Trump’s “Board of Peace” has unilaterally rewritten the Gaza ceasefire agreement, resistance leaders told Drop Site News, in an effort to compel Palestinians to surrender their liberation cause and institutionalize Israeli domination over the future of the Gaza Strip. Since mid-March, Hamas officials have been summoned to a series of meetings where U.S. officials, regional mediators, and the Trump-appointed “High Representative for Gaza” have pressured the group to disarm, warning a large-scale Israeli military assault may resume if they refuse to capitulate.

This campaign, they said, will fail and ultimately lead to a resumption of the armed struggle. “The [Israeli] aim is to end the Palestinian presence in the Gaza Strip, not merely occupation,” said Osama Hamdan, a senior Hamas leader, in an interview with Drop Site. “They are trying to send a message to the Palestinians that there is no solution within Palestine, and that the only solution is for them to leave.”

More...

Staten Island shipyard explosion kills civilian, injures 31 firefighters, officials say

Staten Island explosionOne person has died and 36 others were injured Friday afternoon when a vessel exploded at a dry dock in Staten Island, police and fire officials said. The injured include 31 firefighters, four EMS workers and one civilian.

The blast happened around 4 p.m. at 3075 Richmond Terrace, between Lockman and Andros avenues on the north shore of Staten Island, according to the FDNY.

A fire marshal and a firefighter are hospitalized in critical condition, and five other firefighters have moderate injuries, authorities said. The other firefighter and EMS injuries were described as minor. One civilian died, and the other was listed in serious condition.

“This was a complex, fast developing emergency situation,” Mayor Zohran Mamdani said at a press conference late Friday.

More...

Mahmoud Khalil to appeal to Supreme Court, after appeals court declined to review his case

Mahmoud KhalilFederal judges on Friday declined to review an appeal filed by Mahmoud Khalil, the Columbia graduate who was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers last March at the start of President Donald Trump’s crackdown on pro-Palestinian campus activists. Khalil’s lawyers said they will appeal the decision to the Supreme Court.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit declined to review a January decision by a lower court that opened the door to Khalil’s deportation. The decision did not pertain to the main issues in the case, but rather what the appropriate venue was for Khalil’s case.

Khalil’s attorneys had argued that the case challenging alleged constitutional violations should be heard in federal district court, whereas the U.S. attorneys with the Department of Justice said such issues were best suited to immigration court, whose judges are hired by the U.S. Attorney General.

The ruling split the Third Circuit, with six judges voting to approve Khalil’s request and five judges voting to deny it. The dissenting judges contended that the court’s decision could threaten the constitutional rights of Khalil and other noncitizens.

More...

 

Iran destroyed 20 percent of US's MQ-9 Reaper drone fleet: Report

Reaper DroneIran has destroyed $1bn worth of MQ-9 Reaper Drones, or roughly 20 percent of the US’s pre-war inventory of the sophisticated unmanned aerial vehicles, according to a report by Bloomberg on Friday.

The report said that many of the drones were downed by Iran in flight, but that others had been destroyed on the ground when Iran targeted US military bases in the Gulf.

The MQ-9 is both a surveillance drone and capable of carrying a payload, typically Hellfire missiles or Joint Direct Attack Munition guided bombs.

Bloomberg reported that the US may have lost up to 30 MQ-9 Reaper drones in the war, a higher number than the 24 that a report released this month by the Congressional Research Service noted.

The $1bn price tag adds to the cost of the war on Iran, which a senior official at the Pentagon told Reuters in May reached up to $29bn. The MQ-9 Reaper drone is being gradually phased out by the US military, although General Atomics continues to produce it for foreign customers.

More...

US temporarily bans green-card holders from entering country from African nations

US temporarily bans green card holders from AfricaUS authorities have temporarily banned green-card holders from entering the country if they have traveled to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Uganda or South Sudan in the last 21 days.

The order issued on Friday is part of an expanding attempt to prevent Ebola from entering US borders. A previously announced travel restriction blocked only people without US passports who had visited those countries from entering but exempted US citizens and lawful permanent residents.

“HHS [the Department of Health and Human Services] and CDC [the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] have determined that permitting the director of CDC or other secretarial delegate the discretion to prohibit entry of certain lawful permanent residents is reasonably required in the interest of public health,” the order reads.

The order added that green-card holders may maintain stronger ties to families and communities outside the US than US citizens and nationals, “such that prohibiting their entry is comparatively less burdensome”.

US citizens returning from the DRC, Uganda or South Sudan now have a second point of entry to the US, the CDC said, in addition to Washington’s Dulles airport. The agency said on Saturday it is expanding its enhanced Ebola screening to include the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta airport.

More...

GOP Sens. Lindsey Graham, Roger Wicker blast reports of 60-day ceasefire deal with Iran

Lindsay GrahamKey Senate Republicans are raising concerns about a reported peace deal being negotiated with Iran, arguing it would be a disaster for the United States that would make meaningless the war launched by President Trump nearly three months ago.

“The rumored 60-day ceasefire — with the belief that Iran will ever engage in good faith — would be a disaster,” Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, wrote in a post on social platform X.

He said the effects of the joint military operation between the U.S. and Israel titled “Operation Epic Fury” would “be for naught” if the deal as he understood it went forward.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), a close ally of President Trump who for years has pushed for U.S. military action against the Iranian regime, said a premature deal could fundamentally shift the balance of power in the Middle East in Iran’s favor.

More...

 

Trump directs legal migrants to return to home country to apply for green cards

Green CardThe Trump administration on Friday announced prospective immigrants would need to return to their home country to apply for green cards, a move that would stifle the most common pathway used for legal immigration.

Under the new USCIS policy, those who have already legally lived and worked in the U.S. for years would have to return to their home country to apply to return.

Meanwhile, the State Department has halted immigrant visa processing in 75 different countries.

“We’re returning to the original intent of the law to ensure aliens navigate our nation’s immigration system properly. From now on, an alien who is in the U.S. temporarily and wants a Green Card must return to their home country to apply, except in extraordinary circumstances,” USCIS spokesperson Zach Kahler said in a release.
GOP Senators clash with Trump over $1.8B DOJ fund (WEB)

“This policy allows our immigration system to function as the law intended instead of incentivizing loopholes. When aliens apply from their home country, it reduces the need to find and remove those who decide to slip into the shadows and remain in the U.S. illegally after being denied residency.”

Immigrants in the U.S. have been able to apply for an “adjustment of status” — a process that allows them to shift between various permissions over their time in the country. A student or someone with work authorization may seek permanent residency, for example, as could someone who marries a U.S. citizen.

More...

Page 61 of 1191

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!