TV News LIES

Sunday, Aug 16th

Last update07:15:56 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance War Glance

‘They’re all catastrophic’: The paediatric war wounds Dr Abu Sittah tries to heal in Lebanon

Lebanese doctor dealing with catasropic woundsIn his Beirut office, Dr Ghassan Abu Sittah is going over his operating list for the weekend: 11 children in total, with life-altering injuries from Israel’s wars on Lebanon and Gaza.

“There are two siblings who have shrapnel from the 2024 war that is now causing medical problems,” the prominent British-Palestinian plastic and reconstructive surgeon told Middle East Eye.

“A boy with a partial amputation of his foot that needs reconstruction, from this war, and another boy with an amputation.”

Dr Abu Sittah hopes to finish the stump so that the patient can begin prosthetic rehabilitation.

Another boy with an elbow injury needs a prolonged reconstructive procedure to salvage his elbow joint.

More...

Israel rejects Trump's 15-point plan for Gaza, says Netanyahu

GazaIsrael has rejected US President Donald Trump's 15-point plan for Gaza and will not withdraw until Hamas fully disarms, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday.

The Board of Peace, spearheaded by Trump, announced last month that it had made a breakthrough in a plan to end the war.

Israel and Hamas agreed to the plan last year, beginning with a ceasefire. Israel has continued to carry out near-daily strikes on Gaza since agreeing to the ceasefire last October.Trump said that Hamas had agreed to lay down its weapons.

“Israel rejects the 15-point document,” Netanyahu said at a cabinet meeting on Sunday.The Israeli army “will not carry out any withdrawal until Hamas is genuinely disarmed and will continue to thwart threats against our forces and our citizens”, he added.

More...

Three Palestinians killed and dozens wounded in Israeli attacks across Gaza and West Bank

Attacks on Gaza and West BankThree Palestinians were killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza, while Israeli forces and Jewish settlers wounded dozens more across the occupied West Bank on Saturday.

In the West Bank city of Tubas, Israeli forces stormed the city with military vehicles and deployed soldiers through the centre. The Palestinian Red Crescent Society treated 15 people after troops fired tear gas at residents.

Israeli forces also raided al Mughayyir, northeast of Ramallah, and fired tear gas inside a house, leaving members of a family, including children, struggling to breathe.

Troops entered the nearby town of Turmus Ayya and the village of Abu Falah, while another Israeli force raided Kobar and fired tear gas in its streets.

Further south, Israeli settlers opened fire during an attack on Wadi al-Rakhim in Masafer Yatta, wounding four Palestinians. Medical workers took a 57-year-old man to hospital after a bullet struck his hand.

More...

Iran ‘surprise attack’ ends ceasefire; US retaliates. What's next in the war

Damage at a Iran siteA pause in fighting between the U.S. and Iran came to a screeching halt after Tehran launched what the Trump administration is calling a "surprise attack" that American forces in the Middle East had only minutes to shoot down.

The July 28 ballistic missile assault threatened to reinvigorate a conflict that President Donald Trump has aimed to wind down after months of negotiations. Trump vowed the U.S. would "beat the f------ s--- out of them," he told Fox News. The latest attacks raised fears of a wider war as Saudi Arabia joined the conflict and Iran seeks to test Trump's resolve with the midterm elections looming.

Trump's promised retaliatory strikes on Iran began at about 8 p.m. ET on July 29. Central Command, the arm of the military overseeing operations in the Middle East, announced the attacks, calling them "powerful response to yesterday’s attempted Iranian attacks on U.S. forces."

"We're going to be hitting them very hard because it's our turn to hit them. They know it's coming," Trump had told reporters earlier at the White House.

More...

 

War on Iran: What is Tehran's 'shadow fleet' really and how does it work?

Iran's Shadow Fleet Washington has reimposed its naval blockade of Iranian ports after the collapse of a planned peace deal to end the US-Israeli war on Iran. 

For decades, the US has tried to isolate Iran, holder of the world’s third largest proven oil reserves, from the global shipping industry with a range of sanctions.

However, the Islamic Republic has been able to maintain some revenue through a network of rickety tankers often described as its “shadow fleet”, which occupy a legal grey zone and use subterfuge to skirt the US measures.

How do shadow fleets work?

Shadow tankers, also known as “dark fleets” or “ghost fleets”, are ships that operate on the fringes of the global shipping industry to transport oil and other commodities from countries facing western sanctions.

Many are ageing vessels that evade detection on marine traffic databases by turning off their mandatory tracking signals or broadcasting false locations. 

Iran is not the only country involved in such operations: Russia, which is also subject to oil sanctions, likewise operates a shadow fleet. Venezuela did so until the US attack on the country earlier this year and the seizure of many of its tankers.

More...

Iran Has Figured Out How to Overwhelm U.S. Air Defenses

Iran can overwhelm US air attacksAs munitions streaked through the night sky, a plaintive cry like a whale song echoed in the darkness. U.S. troops grabbed their gear and headed for shelter as the warning sirens rang out, a leaked video shows.

The military personnel, clad in a mix of combat fatigues and gym attire, piled into a bunker, huddling in the darkness. “Guys, off the walls if we can,” a woman, likely a medic, advised, warning about the danger of traumatic brain injuries.

The footage, reportedly from Jordan’s Muwaffaq Salti Air Base, where three U.S. troops were killed during Iranian ballistic missile and drone attacks on July 17 and 18, offers a glimpse of the dangers faced by U.S. forces across the Middle East.

The attacks are continued demonstrations of Iran’s ability to target U.S. bases across the Middle East and kill U.S. troops, despite months of claims by President Donald Trump and self-styled War Secretary Pete Hegseth that Iran’s military was annihilated. As this fiction has collapsed, U.S. Central Command has refused to discuss the number and scale of the strikes. “I have nothing for you on that,” Maj. Emma Thompson, the command’s media operations chief, told The Intercept.

More...

US pauses Iran attacks for second night after Trump advised to halt bombing

Attacks stopThe US has paused strikes on Iran for a second night as top military officials advised Donald Trump to halt his bombing campaign, and diplomatic negotiations have continued to avoid a return to all-out war.

Trump is said to be weighing up diplomatic and military options in the nearly five-month-old conflict, with Benjamin Netanyahu expected to visit the White House on Tuesday. The Israeli prime minister is a vocal critic of Washington’s negotiations with Iranian leaders and has pressed for the US to continue its strikes against Iran.

Netanyahu is under considerablehttps://www.theguardian.com/world/2026/jul/26/us-pauses-trump-netanyahu-attacks-on-iran-talks-hormuz?utm_source=firefox-newtab-en-us political pressure to show that his military campaigns against Iran and Hezbollah in Lebanon have yielded results before elections scheduled for October.

Tehran said on Sunday it would pause what it called “retaliatory” attacks against US allies in the region. “These [US] attacks continued until two nights ago, but over the past two nights the Americans have stopped their attacks,” said the army spokesperson Mohammad Akraminia. “Our strategy has essentially been retaliatory, we have also halted our retaliatory operations.”

More...

 

 

Page 1 of 123

  • «
  •  Start 
  •  Prev 
  •  1 
  •  2 
  •  3 
  •  4 
  •  5 
  •  6 
  •  7 
  •  8 
  •  9 
  •  10 
  •  Next 
  •  End 
  • »
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!