TV News LIES

Thursday, Apr 03rd

Last update06:53:29 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance Political Glance

Trump signs order on Washington DC as Republicans exert control over city

Trump takes over DC

Washington DC has found itself in the crosshairs of Donald Trump and congressional Republicans in recent weeks, with efforts by both to exert more control over the overwhelmingly Democratic capital city.

The president on Thursday signed an executive order he said would make Washington DC “safe, beautiful, and prosperous” by stepping up crime fighting, arrests of undocumented immigrants and the processing of permits to carry concealed weapons. Trump separately directed JD Vance to “remove improper ideology” from the Smithsonian Institution, which has many museums in and around the city.

Weeks earlier, Republicans in Congress approved a $1bn cut to the city’s budget that the mayor, Muriel Bowser, warned would result in disruptive cuts to police, schools and health services. The Senate quickly scrambled to undo the reduction, an effort Trump has since endorsed, but it was unclear when the House of Representatives would act.

More...

Law Firm Skadden Chooses To Surrender To Trump

law firm folds to trumpPresident Donald Trump announced on Friday that the law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP preemptively cut a deal with the administration to ward off the potential threat of an executive order targeting the firm.

The deal requires the firm to provide $100 million in pro bono services to the Trump administration, Trump said during a White House appearance. A spokesperson for Skadden did not immediately respond to a request for comment or confirmation on the deal.

Skadden joins the New York powerhouse firm Paul Weiss in choosing to surrender to the Trump administration amid threats to their ability to access government contracts and maintain clients with such contracts. Unlike the situation with Paul Weiss, Trump did not even need to issue an executive order to get the firm to bend the knee.

Three other firms targeted by Trump — Perkins Coie, WilmerHale and Jenner & Block — have filed lawsuits challenging the orders targeting them. A federal district court judge already placed a temporary restraining order blocking Trump’s actions against Perkins Coie, saying that it “sent little chills down my spine.”

More...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Pete Hegseth’s wife reportedly attended meetings with foreign defense officials

Hegseth wife at defense meetings

The wife of the US defense secretary Pete Hegseth attended two meetings with foreign defense officials during which sensitive information was discussed, according to a new report from the Wall Street Journal.

The Journal’s report on Hegseth arrived late on Friday as he faced scrutiny for detailing plans of a military strike in a group chat on Signal, made public by a journalist at the Atlantic who had been added to the chat. Multiple Democrats have called for his resignation while a bipartisan group of senators sent a letter to the defense department calling for an inquiry into the group chat.

Hegseth’s wife, Jennifer Hegseth, has been present at two meetings where sensitive information was discussed, according to the Journal, citing multiple people who were present at the meetings or have knowledge of her presence at them.

More...

Most employees at US Institute of Peace mass-fired via late-night email

US Inst. for Peace

Most employees at the US Institute of Peace, a congressionally created and funded thinktank now taken over by Elon Musk’s unofficial “department of government efficiency”, received email notices of their mass firing late Friday, the latest step in the Trump administration’s government downsizing.

The emails, sent to personal accounts because most staff members had lost access to the organization’s system, began going out about 9pm, according to people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of fear of reprisal.

One former senior official at the institute said that among those spared were several in the human resources department and a handful of overseas staffers who had until 9 April to return to the United States. The organization employs about 300 people.

Read more...

Shouted questions at Trump have consequences: New actions by White House

shouted questions at Trump

“Mr. President! You talked about some of the violence that’s been going on at dealerships,” a reporter yelled to President Trump as he stood next to Elon Musk and a Tesla parked near the White House lawn earlier this month.

“Some say they should be labeled domestic terrorists.” 

“I’ll do that,” Trump interjected. “We’re going to stop it if we catch anybody doing it because they’re harming a great American company.”

Days later, Trump’s FBI would launch a task force dedicated to investigating and referring for prosecution suspects in a string of incidents protesting Musk at Tesla dealerships across the country. 

It was one of several instances during the first three months of Trump’s second term in which a shouted question or suggestion from a media member has resulted in direct action from the president.

More...

Federal Immigration Agents Detain University Of Minnesota Student

u of Minn. student detained by iceAn international graduate student at the University of Minnesota was captured Thursday by United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, prompting statements from the university president, graduate labor union and Democratic Minnesota Governor Tim Walz.

University president Rebecca Cunningham informed the student body in a statement on Friday that the unidentified student was detained at an off-campus residence.

“We are actively working to gather more details about this incident,” Cunningham wrote, adding, “The university had no prior knowledge of this incident and did not share any information with federal authorities before it occurred.”

Details on the student’s nationality, or reasons why they may have been detained, were not immediately available. The student was enrolled in the Carlson School of Management, university spokesperson Jake Ricker told The New York Times.

The news follows similar incidents in which ICE has targeted international students, professors or recent graduates at American schools, including Brown University, Columbia University, Tufts University and the University of Alabama.

More...

Judge grants temporary protection for Voice of America as journalists get new ‘Fork in the Road’ email

voa

Employees under the U.S. Agency for Global Media received a new “Fork in the Road” email Friday afternoon, shortly before Voice of America journalists suing the agency won an order temporarily blocking USAGM’s attempts to shutter the news outlet.

The email, seen by POLITICO, originated from a USAGM human resources account and offered employees an “opportunity” to “voluntarily transition out of federal service through the Deferred Resignation Program,” set to be available from Friday through April 9.

Kari Lake — an ally of President Donald Trump serving as a senior official at the agency — and USAGM have faced an onslaught of legal challenges in recent weeks. Employees working for news outlets or technology programs funded or controlled by the agency — including Voice of America, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Radio Free Asia and The Open Technology Fund — have all sought to block USAGM from gutting their operations.

More...

Page 2 of 176

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!