TV News LIES

Thursday, Apr 03rd

Last update06:53:29 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance International Glance

Academy apologizes for not adequately supporting Oscar-winning Palestinian director

Palestinian director

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences issued a statement to its members on Friday apologizing for not adequately expressing its support of the Palestinian Oscar-winning filmmaker Hamdan Ballal.

Ballal, who won this year's feature-length documentary Academy Award for co-directing the film No Other Land about the difficulties of life under Israeli occupation, said he was attacked on Monday by Israeli settlers. He was then arrested by the Israeli army. Israeli authorities released the director the following day, saying Ballal had been detained for hurling stones. The filmmaker and witnesses deny this accusation.

The Academy's initial statement in response to the alleged attack, sent out on Wednesday to its roughly 11,000 members, did not include Ballal's name or the title of his film.

Read more...

Myanmar Earthquake Death Toll Jumps To 1,644, As Resistance Movement Announces Partial Ceasefire

Myanmar

A unilateral partial ceasefire to facilitate earthquake relief efforts was announced on Saturday by Myanmar’s shadow National Unity Government, which coordinates the popular struggle against the ruling military. The country’s death toll from the disaster soared to 1,644.

The figure was a sharp rise compared to the 1,002 announced just hours earlier, highlighting the difficulty of confirming casualties over a widespread region and the likelihood that the numbers will continue to grow from Friday’s 7.7 magnitude quake. The number of injured increased to 3,408, while the missing figure rose to 139.

In neighboring Thailand, the death toll increased to 10. The quake rocked the greater Bangkok area, home to around 17 million people, and other parts of the country. Many places in the north reported damage, but the only casualties were reported in Bangkok, the capital.

Nine of the fatalities were at the site of the collapsed high-rise under construction near Bangkok’s Chatuchak market, while 78 people were still unaccounted for.

More...

Israel kills almost 900 since breaking Gaza ceasefire

  • GazaThe Ministry of Health in Gaza said Israeli attacks have killed 896 people and wounded 1,984 in the territory since Israel broke a ceasefire with Hamas on March 18, 2025.
  • Israel has bombed Beirut for the first time since a ceasefire was agreed upon in November with Hezbollah, while two people were injured in continuing Israeli attacks on southern Lebanon.
  • Thousands of Palestinians face severe hunger and malnutrition in Gaza as an Israeli blockade has prevented humanitarian supplies and food from entering the territory for over three weeks, the United Nations’ World Food Programme warned.
  • Gaza’s Ministry of Health says at least 50,208 Palestinians have been confirmed dead and 113,910 have been wounded in Israel’s war on Gaza. Gaza’s Government Media Office also updated its death toll to more than 61,700, saying thousands of Palestinians missing under the rubble are presumed dead.

  • TVNL Comment:  Just for the record, it is against internation law to wage war against civilians.  Just to remind you how genocide is carried out.
  • More...
  • Israeli soldier tells CBS News he was ordered to use Palestinians as human shields in Gaza

    Palestinian boy used as human shieldThe war is back in Gaza. Since abandoning a ceasefire on March 17, the Israel Defense Forces have pounded the Palestinian territory with waves of deadly strikes it says are targeting Hamas terrorists. Those strikes have brought the overall death toll in Gaza to well over 50,000 since the beginning of the war, according to the enclave's Hamas-run Health Ministry.

    CBS News spoke recently with an Israeli soldier who has questioned the military's tactics. Tommy — not his real name, as he agreed to speak with CBS News on the condition of anonymity — fought in Gaza for the IDF, and his account of the tactics used raises some serious questions.

    "We've burned down buildings for no reasons, which is violating the international law, of course," he told CBS News. "…And we used human shields as protection."

    More...

    Trump pushes to control all of Ukraine’s mineral and energy assets in sweeping new demands

    Starmer, Zelensky and MacronDonald Trump is seeking US control over all of Ukraine’s rare minerals and energy assets – including oil and gas – in extraordinary new proposals to Kyiv.

    Mr Trump’s latest proposals go far beyond the minerals deal that collapsed last month during Volodymyr Zelensky’s disastrous White House visit, multiple news outlets reported on Thursday.

    The new deal would see the US receive all royalties from such assets until Ukraine has paid off at least $100bn of war debt, and hand Kyiv just 50 per cent thereafter – while offering no guarantees of security from Russian aggression in return.

    TVNL Comment:  Freaking thief, pure and simple.

    More...

     

    Six Russians dead, 39 tourists rescued after submarine sinks in Red Sea off Egypt

    viewing sub sinksSix Russians died on Thursday and 39 foreign tourists were rescued when a viewing submarine sank off the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Hurghada, the local governor's office said on Facebook, adding that no passengers or crew were still missing.

    The Red Sea Governorate said the submarine, named "Sindbad", had 50 people onboard: 45 tourists of different nationalities from Russia, India, Norway, and Sweden, and five Egyptian crew members.

    "Most of those on board were rescued and taken to their hotels and hospitals in Hurghada," the Russian consulate in Hurghada said.

    The submarine was equipped with large portholes to let passengers see the Red Sea's spectacular corals and marine life, and was able to descend to a depth of 25 metres, according to the company's website.

    More...

    Palestinians protest Hamas in a rare public show of dissent in Gaza

    Gazans protest HamaThousands of Palestinians marched between the wreckage of a heavily destroyed town in northern Gaza on Wednesday in the second day of anti-war protests, with many chanting against Hamas in a rare display of public anger against the militant group.

    The protests, which centered mainly on Gaza’s north, appeared to be aimed generally against the war, with protesters calling for an end to 17 months of deadly fighting with Israel that has made life in Gaza insufferable.

    But protesters also leveled unusually direct and public criticism of Hamas, which has quashed dissent violently in the past in Gaza, a territory it still rules months into the war with Israel.

    In the town of Beit Lahiya, where a similar protest took place Tuesday, about 3,000 people demonstrated, with many chanting “the people want the fall of Hamas.” In the hard-hit Shijaiyah neighborhood of Gaza City, dozens of men chanted “Out, out out! Hamas get out!”

    More...

    Page 3 of 189

     
    America's # 1 Enemy
    Tee Shirt
    & Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
    TVNL Tee Shirt
     
    TVNL TOTE BAG
    Conserve our Planet
    & Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
     
    Get your 9/11 & Media
    Deception Dollars
    & Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
     
    The Loaded Deck
    The First & the Best!
    The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!