TV News LIES

Friday, Apr 04th

Last update06:54:23 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance

Trump administration mulling new travel restrictions on citizens from dozens of countries

Trump travel restrictioms

The Trump administration is considering issuing travel restrictions for the citizens of dozens of countries as part of a new ban, according to sources familiar with the matter and an internal memo seen by Reuters.

The memo lists a total of 41 countries divided into three separate groups. The first group of 10 countries, which includes Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, Cuba and North Korea, among others, would be set for a full visa suspension.

In the second group, five countries – Eritrea, Haiti, Laos, Myanmar and South Sudan – would face partial suspensions that would affect tourist and student visas as well as other immigrant visas, with some exceptions.

In the third group, a total of 26 countries including Belarus, Pakistan and Turkmenistan, among others, would be considered for a partial suspension of US visa issuance if their governments “do not make efforts to address deficiencies within 60 days”, the memo said.

More...

 

 

Trump orders airstrikes on Yemen in warning to Houthis over shipping route

Air strikes against Houtis

Donald Trump said he ordered a series of airstrikes on Yemen’s capital, Sana’a, on Saturday, promising to use “overwhelming lethal force” until Iranian-backed Houthi rebels cease their attacks on shipping along a vital maritime corridor.

The Houthis reported a series of explosions in their territory on Saturday evening. Images circulating online show plumes of black smoke over the area of the Sana’a airport complex, which includes a sprawling military facility. The extent of the damage was not yet clear.

“Our brave Warfighters are right now carrying out aerial attacks on the terrorists’ bases, leaders, and missile defenses to protect American shipping, air, and naval assets, and to restore Navigational Freedom,” Trump said in a social media post.

“No terrorist force will stop American commercial and naval vessels from freely sailing the Waterways of the World.”

He also warned Iran to stop supporting the rebel group, promising to hold the country “fully accountable” for the actions of its proxy.

More....

Green card holder from New Hampshire 'interrogated' at Logan Airport, detained

Fabian Schnidt

A New Hampshire man with a green card was detained by immigration officers at Logan Airport and is being held by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement at the Donald W. Wyatt detention facility in Central Falls, Rhode Island.

Fabian Schmidt’s family said they are unsure of why he is being held. They said he has a recently renewed green card, and no active issues in court.

Schmidt had been visiting Luxembourg and flew back to the U.S. on Friday. His partner had gone to pick him up at Logan Airport, and waited four hours before calling authorities.

“It was just said that his green card was flagged,” said Astrid Senior, his mother. She said she didn’t hear from her son directly until Tuesday, when she learned he’d been hospitalized.

Senior described Schmidt being “violently interrogated” at Logan Airport for hours, and being stripped naked, put in a cold shower by two officials, and being put back onto a chair.

TVNL Comment: We're rapidly spiraling into a place of no return.  Not a word about this in the mainstream media.

More...

Israeli strikes in Gaza kill 9, including aid workers and journalists, witnesses say

9 killed in GazaTwo back-to-back Israeli airstrikes in the northern Gaza city of Beit Lahiya killed at least nine people on Saturday, according to Gaza civil defense. Witnesses and Gaza health officials say several of those killed were aid workers and journalists.

The Israeli military says it was targeting two terrorists operating a drone in the area. In a statement, it says it hit those individuals, and then struck again when "a number of additional terrorists" collected the drone operating equipment and entered a vehicle.

But the head of Gaza civil defense, Mahmoud Basal, told NPR they were aid workers from the London-based Al-Khair Foundation, along with several journalists working with the group.

TVNL Comment:  This is so terrible.  There is no cease-fire, only attacks on unarmed Palestinians, no matter if they are aid workers and journalists.  Doing nothing is being complicit.  Think about that. Do something to stop this horror.

More...

Judge temporarily blocks Trump's anticipated use of 1798 Alien Enemies Act for deportations

Mahmoud khalilA federal judge has temporarily blocked President Donald Trump’s anticipated use of the Alien Enemies Act against five Venezuelan citizens who are detained in U.S. jails and fear the 1798 law could lead to their immediate deportation.

The law allows the deportation without a hearing of anyone from the designated enemy country who is not a naturalized citizen. The law has only been invoked three times while the country was at war, to hasten the removal of citizens of enemy countries. But Trump is reportedly considering invoking it soon.

Chief U.S. District Judge James Boasberg in Washington, D.C., granted a temporary restraining order Saturday and ordered the government not to deport the men for at least 14 days while the case is litigated.

More...

Magnitude 5.5 earthquake hits southern Mexico, alarms sound in capital

Mexico earthqakeu
A magnitude 5.5 earthquake struck Mexico's southern state of Oaxaca on Friday evening, Mexican authorities and the United States Geological Survey said.
The quake hit near the town of San Miguel Achiutla at a depth of 64 km (40 miles), the USGS said.

Get weekly news and analysis on U.S. politics and how it matters to the world with the Reuters Politics U.S. newsletter. Sign up here.

Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum said on X that no damage had been reported, while the governor of Oaxaca said in a post that emergency protocols had been activated.
Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum said on X that no damage had been reported, while the governor of Oaxaca said in a post that emergency protocols had been activated.

Arlington National Cemetery stops highlighting some historical figures on its website

Arlington

Arlington National Cemetery has begun wiping from its website histories highlighting Black, Hispanic and women veterans. The change is in line with President Trump's directive to remove references to and support for diversity, equity and inclusion from the federal government.

A U.S. official not authorized to talk to media told NPR the removal of links and sections about these groups have been dubbed a "digital content refresh" by top Pentagon officials.

The story was first reported by The Washington Post.

Articles, photos and videos that are seen as promoting DEI will be removed under the new approach.

TVNL Comment:  How shameful to promote 'Whites only' again.  It is embarrassing and shameful to be an American,  again.

More...

Over 50 universities are under investigation as part of Trump's anti-DEI crackdown

Linda McMahon

The U.S. Department of Education has launched investigations into 52 universities in 41 states, accusing the schools of using "racial preferences and stereotypes in education programs and activities."

On Friday, the department's Office of Civil Rights said that 45 schools, particularly their graduate programs, violated the 1964 Civil Rights Act by partnering with The PhD Project, a nonprofit that helps students from underrepresented groups earn doctoral degrees in business. The program focuses on supporting Black, Latino and Native American students.

The Education Department alleges that The PhD Project limits eligibility based on the race of participants, and therefore, universities involved with the organization are engaging in "race-exclusionary practices."

"Students must be assessed according to merit and accomplishment, not prejudged by the color of their skin. We will not yield on this commitment," Education Secretary Linda McMahon said in a statement.

More...

Sudan rejects US request to discuss taking in Palestinians under Trump’s Gaza plan

Sudan gov'tSudanese officials say they have rejected a request from the US to discuss taking in Palestinians displaced from Gaza under Donald Trump’s plan to turn the territory into a “Riviera on the Mediterranean”.

According to an Associated Press report, the US and Israel contacted officials in Sudan, Somalia and Somaliland about resettling uprooted Palestinians. The contacts suggested both countries are determined to press ahead with Trump’s proposal despite international outrage and massive practical difficulties – or at least use the plan to force other actors in the region to come up with their own ideas for Gaza when hostilities finally end.

Two officials from war-torn Sudan confirmed to the Associated Press that the Trump administration had approached the military-led government about accepting Palestinians.

More...

Page 16 of 1151

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!