TV News LIES

Friday, Apr 04th

Last update06:54:23 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance

EU presses on with steel ‘porcupine strategy’ for Ukraine as Russia tries to end Western support

EU continues support of UkraineRussian President Vladimir Putin’s key peace demand that Western allies stop providing military aid and intelligence to Ukraine is quietly being ignored by the European Union.

As U.S.-led talks with Russia and Ukraine progress, without the Europeans at the table, the 27-nation bloc is pressing ahead with a steel “porcupine strategy” aimed at building the Ukrainian armed forces, and the country’s defense industry, into an even more formidable opponent.

At an EU summit on Thursday, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said that it’s “central” that Ukraine should remain an independent democratic nation that can continue its journey toward EU membership and “that it also has a strong army of its own after a peace agreement.”

“For us, it will be important to continue to support Ukraine significantly — as the European Union as a whole, as allies and friends and as individual countries,” Scholz told reporters in Brussels.

More...

Why a DOJ prosecutor resigned, telling coworkers and bosses 'you serve no man'

doj prosecutor leavesA prosecutor with years of experience at the U.S. Department of Justice has resigned amid major changes from the Trump administration, telling NPR, "It just was not a Department of Justice that I any longer wanted to associate with."

In a sharp resignation letter shared with NPR, former Assistant U.S. Attorney Sean Murphy warned of the erosion of the Justice Department's independence from the president, writing to his coworkers, "you serve no man."

In response to NPR's request for comment, a spokesperson for the Department of Justice said in a statement, "This Department of Justice is acutely focused on Making America Safe Again and ensuring one tier of justice for all Americans after historic political weaponization under the previous administration."

More...

Gaza protesters sue UCLA for civil rights violations after ‘brutal attack’ in 2024

Gaza protesters sue UCLA

More than 30 pro-Palestinian protesters at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) sued campus officials and several law enforcement agencies, alleging civil rights violations, wrongful arrests and excessive force during demonstrations last year.

A lawsuit filed on Wednesday in Los Angeles superior court outlines the violence and significant injuries that UCLA Palestine Solidarity Encampment members experienced at the hands of police and counterprotesters from April to June of 2024.

The complaint accuses UCLA, the country’s top-ranked public university, of negligence during counterprotesters’ “brutal mob assault” against the encampment on 30 April as officials failed to intervene. The Washington Post and New York Times documented how law enforcement allowed hours of unchecked violence against pro-Palestinian demonstrators who, along with college activists across the US, had set up Gaza solidarity camps.

More...

Judge bars Trump administration from deporting Indian academic over political views

Georgetown U

A US district judge has barred Donald Trump’s administration from deporting an Indian academic from Georgetown University after the Department of Homeland Security accused him of having ties to Hamas.

On Thursday, US district judge Patricia Giles in Alexandria, Virginia, prohibited federal officials from deporting Badar Khan Suri, a postdoctoral fellow at the university, in an order that is to remain in effect until it is lifted by the court, Reuters reports.

Giles’s order comes after Suri, whose wife is of Palestinian heritage, filed an emergency court request to prevent deportation.

Department of Homeland Security agents on Monday detained Suri, a postdoctoral fellow at the university’s Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding, saying that his visa was revoked. Suri’s attorney said that he was arrested on the same spurious legal grounds as Columbia University student Mahmoud Khalil, according to Politico.

More...

US agriculture department announces $100m in funding for bird flu vaccine research

bird flu research

As a bird flu outbreak continues to run rampant through US poultry farms, pushing eggs to record-high prices, federal officials announced funding for avian influenza research projects, including money for new vaccine projects and potential treatments.

The US agriculture secretary, Brooke Rollins, said on Thursday that her department would invest $100m in these research efforts, as part of a $1bn initiative to fight bird flu and stop rising egg prices, the Iowa Capital Dispatch reported.

The funds will prioritize research into bird flu generally and biosecurity plans. “Our pilot programs have proven that biosecurity is the most important thing that our farmers can do to protect our flocks against the disease, at least right now,” the news outlet quoted Rollins as saying.

More...

Defense Dept. restores story on Jackie Robinson's military service

Jackie RobinsonThe Department of Defense restored a story on its website highlighting Jackie Robinson's military service Wednesday after deleting it as part of President Donald Trump's efforts to purge references to diversity, equity and inclusion through a "digital content refresh."

While it does not make any references to DEI, the story on Robinson was among a swath scrubbed from government websites in recent days. Before the story on Robinson's service was restored, the URL had redirected to one that added the letters "dei" in front of "sports-heroes."

In a statement sent by the Pentagon at 1:24 p.m. ET Wednesday, press secretary John Ullyot cited Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth in saying "DEI is dead at the Defense Department" and said the Department of Defense was "pleased by the rapid compliance" that led to the erasing of stories on Robinson, Navajo Code Talkers and Ira Hayes, one of six Marines who raised the American flag at Iwo Jima.

More...

Pentagon restores histories of Navajo Code Talkers, other Native veterans after public outcry

Thomas Begay

The Pentagon restored some webpages highlighting the crucial wartime contributions of Navajo Code Talkers and other Native American veterans on Wednesday, days after tribes condemned the action.

The initial removal was part of a sweep of any military content that promoted diversity, equity and inclusion, or commonly referred to as DEI. Following President Donald Trump’s broader executive order ending the federal government’s DEI programs, the Defense Department deleted thousands of pages honoring contributions by women and minority groups. Department officials say the Navajo Code Talker material was erroneously erased.

“In the rare cases that content is removed — either deliberately or by mistake — that is out of the clearly outlined scope of the directive, we instruct the components and they correct the content so it recognizes our heroes for their dedicated service alongside their fellow Americans, period,” Pentagon press secretary John Ullyot said in a statement.

More...

Germany updates US travel advice after 3 citizens are detained

German Foreign OfficeGermany has updated its travel advisory for the United States to emphasize that a visa or waiver allowing entry does not guarantee Germans to enter the U.S. after several of its citizens were detained at the border.

According to an advisory on Germany’s Foreign Office website, the country warned that entry through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) system or a U.S. visa is not guaranteed every time and that the U.S. border control has final decision.

“It is recommended that you bring proof of your return journey upon entry,” the office said.

Read more...

Trump Administration Arrests Georgetown University Postdoctoral Fellow

Badar Suri

The Trump administration on Wednesday defended the detention of a Georgetown University postdoctoral fellow by immigration agents.

Badar Khan Suri, an Indian citizen who entered the U.S. on a J-1 student visa, was arrested by masked agents with the Department of Homeland Security outside his home in Arlington, Virginia, on Monday evening, according to a lawsuit obtained by Politico. The agents claimed his visa had been revoked.

The court papers filed by Hassan Ahmad, Suri’s attorney, allege that he has not been charged with any crime and has no criminal record, according to Politico, which was first to report the story.

Read more...

Page 12 of 1151

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!