TV News LIES

Thursday, Apr 03rd

Last update06:53:29 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance

Hamas says it accepts a new Gaza ceasefire proposal but Israel makes a counter-offer

Israel continues to hit GazaThe Hamas militant group said Saturday it has accepted a new Gaza ceasefire proposal from mediators Egypt and Qatar, but Israel said it has made a counter-proposal in “full coordination” with the third mediator, the United States.

Egypt early in the week made a proposal to get the troubled ceasefire back on track, following Israel’s surprise resumption of fighting. It was not immediately clear whether the proposal changed before Khalil al-Hayyah, the leader of Hamas in Gaza, announced it had been accepted.

Early in the week, an Egyptian official described the proposal to The Associated Press, saying Hamas would release five living hostages, including an American-Israeli, from Gaza in return for Israel allowing aid into the territory and a weekslong pause in fighting. Israel would release hundreds of Palestinian prisoners. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief media on the closed-door talks.

More...

Kyiv accuses Russia of war crime after attack on military hospital in Kharkiv

Russia hits military hospital
  • Russian drones struck a military hospital, shopping centre, apartment blocks and other targets in Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second-largest city, late on Saturday, killing two people and injuring at least 25, local officials and the Ukrainian military said.

    On the Telegram messaging app, the military’s general staff said those injured included servicemen undergoing treatment in the medical centre. It accused Russia of having carried out a “war crime” and of “violating the norms of international humanitarian law” denouncing the “deliberate, targeted shelling” of the facility. Oleh Syniehubov, the regional governor, said 25 people were hurt, including a 15-year-old girl who is in serious condition.

  • Read more...

    Academy apologizes for not adequately supporting Oscar-winning Palestinian director

    Palestinian director

    The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences issued a statement to its members on Friday apologizing for not adequately expressing its support of the Palestinian Oscar-winning filmmaker Hamdan Ballal.

    Ballal, who won this year's feature-length documentary Academy Award for co-directing the film No Other Land about the difficulties of life under Israeli occupation, said he was attacked on Monday by Israeli settlers. He was then arrested by the Israeli army. Israeli authorities released the director the following day, saying Ballal had been detained for hurling stones. The filmmaker and witnesses deny this accusation.

    The Academy's initial statement in response to the alleged attack, sent out on Wednesday to its roughly 11,000 members, did not include Ballal's name or the title of his film.

    Read more...

    Pete Hegseth’s wife reportedly attended meetings with foreign defense officials

    Hegseth wife at defense meetings

    The wife of the US defense secretary Pete Hegseth attended two meetings with foreign defense officials during which sensitive information was discussed, according to a new report from the Wall Street Journal.

    The Journal’s report on Hegseth arrived late on Friday as he faced scrutiny for detailing plans of a military strike in a group chat on Signal, made public by a journalist at the Atlantic who had been added to the chat. Multiple Democrats have called for his resignation while a bipartisan group of senators sent a letter to the defense department calling for an inquiry into the group chat.

    Hegseth’s wife, Jennifer Hegseth, has been present at two meetings where sensitive information was discussed, according to the Journal, citing multiple people who were present at the meetings or have knowledge of her presence at them.

    More...

    Most employees at US Institute of Peace mass-fired via late-night email

    US Inst. for Peace

    Most employees at the US Institute of Peace, a congressionally created and funded thinktank now taken over by Elon Musk’s unofficial “department of government efficiency”, received email notices of their mass firing late Friday, the latest step in the Trump administration’s government downsizing.

    The emails, sent to personal accounts because most staff members had lost access to the organization’s system, began going out about 9pm, according to people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of fear of reprisal.

    One former senior official at the institute said that among those spared were several in the human resources department and a handful of overseas staffers who had until 9 April to return to the United States. The organization employs about 300 people.

    Read more...

    Shouted questions at Trump have consequences: New actions by White House

    shouted questions at Trump

    “Mr. President! You talked about some of the violence that’s been going on at dealerships,” a reporter yelled to President Trump as he stood next to Elon Musk and a Tesla parked near the White House lawn earlier this month.

    “Some say they should be labeled domestic terrorists.” 

    “I’ll do that,” Trump interjected. “We’re going to stop it if we catch anybody doing it because they’re harming a great American company.”

    Days later, Trump’s FBI would launch a task force dedicated to investigating and referring for prosecution suspects in a string of incidents protesting Musk at Tesla dealerships across the country. 

    It was one of several instances during the first three months of Trump’s second term in which a shouted question or suggestion from a media member has resulted in direct action from the president.

    More...

    Federal Immigration Agents Detain University Of Minnesota Student

    u of Minn. student detained by iceAn international graduate student at the University of Minnesota was captured Thursday by United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, prompting statements from the university president, graduate labor union and Democratic Minnesota Governor Tim Walz.

    University president Rebecca Cunningham informed the student body in a statement on Friday that the unidentified student was detained at an off-campus residence.

    “We are actively working to gather more details about this incident,” Cunningham wrote, adding, “The university had no prior knowledge of this incident and did not share any information with federal authorities before it occurred.”

    Details on the student’s nationality, or reasons why they may have been detained, were not immediately available. The student was enrolled in the Carlson School of Management, university spokesperson Jake Ricker told The New York Times.

    The news follows similar incidents in which ICE has targeted international students, professors or recent graduates at American schools, including Brown University, Columbia University, Tufts University and the University of Alabama.

    More...

    Myanmar Earthquake Death Toll Jumps To 1,644, As Resistance Movement Announces Partial Ceasefire

    Myanmar

    A unilateral partial ceasefire to facilitate earthquake relief efforts was announced on Saturday by Myanmar’s shadow National Unity Government, which coordinates the popular struggle against the ruling military. The country’s death toll from the disaster soared to 1,644.

    The figure was a sharp rise compared to the 1,002 announced just hours earlier, highlighting the difficulty of confirming casualties over a widespread region and the likelihood that the numbers will continue to grow from Friday’s 7.7 magnitude quake. The number of injured increased to 3,408, while the missing figure rose to 139.

    In neighboring Thailand, the death toll increased to 10. The quake rocked the greater Bangkok area, home to around 17 million people, and other parts of the country. Many places in the north reported damage, but the only casualties were reported in Bangkok, the capital.

    Nine of the fatalities were at the site of the collapsed high-rise under construction near Bangkok’s Chatuchak market, while 78 people were still unaccounted for.

    More...

    No survivors aboard plane that departed Iowa airport, crashed in Minnesota, police say

    Single prop plane crashNo one aboard a small plane traveling from Iowa survived after it crashed in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, on Saturday, police said.

    The SOCATA TBM7 plane crashed around 12:20 p.m. in a residential area in Brooklyn Park, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) told USA TODAY. The aircraft departed from Des Moines International Airport and was headed to Anoka County-Blaine Airport in Minneapolis before the incident, according to the federal government agency.

    According to FlightAware, the single-prop plane began its journey in Naples, Florida, and stopped in Des Moines at around 10:30 a.m. The plane took off 45 minutes later. It crashed six minutes before its scheduled landing time.

    More...

    Page 4 of 1151

     
    America's # 1 Enemy
    Tee Shirt
    & Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
    TVNL Tee Shirt
     
    TVNL TOTE BAG
    Conserve our Planet
    & Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
     
    Get your 9/11 & Media
    Deception Dollars
    & Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
     
    The Loaded Deck
    The First & the Best!
    The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!