At least 42 members of Iraq's security forces have been killed in a suicide attack targeting an army base north of Fallujah, in Iraq's Anbar province.
The bombing was carried out with an armored Humvee vehicle laden with explosives, military sources told Al Jazeera. Witnesses said ammunition stored in the base's depot continued to explode several hours after the initial attack, which occurred at 3 a.m. local time Monday.
Iraqi officials said the death toll of the attack was likely to rise.
The attack came a day after Haider al-Abadi, Iraq's prime minister, acknowledged the loss of about 2,300 Humvee armored vehicles when the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) overran the northern city of Mosul last year.



An Israeli drone attack on a cafe in the port area west of Gaza City on...
For the 12th consecutive day, three Palestinian families, comprising 10 people, including two young children, have...





























