TV News LIES

Sunday, May 24th

Last update08:26:43 AM GMT

You are here News Military Army says it will look into claims over care at base

Army says it will look into claims over care at base

E-mail Print PDF

Army says it will look into claims over care at baseFive Army generals promised a thorough investigation Tuesday into complaints that National Guard troops returning from Iraq got second-class treatment at Joint Base Lewis-McChord to make way for the base’s active-duty brigades coming home from war this summer.

The Oregon National Guard troops, who served alongside I Corps soldiers, are “our own,” said Lt. Gen. Charles Jacoby, the Lewis-McChord and I Corps commander. He said officers at every level intend to see there is no difference in their care and service.

But Jacoby also said that the generals, who included the Army’s top doctor and the vice chief of staff, met Tuesday with some Oregon soldiers “who clearly had the perception that they were not being treated the same.”

Others believed they were getting excellent care, the generals said.

Jacoby launched an investigation last week “to deal with perceptions and realities” after U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden and U.S. Rep. Kurt Schrader, both Oregon Democrats, complained to the secretary of the Army about the “unacceptable way” the Guard troops were being processed through Lewis-McChord’s medical battalion.

More...


Most Recent Related Stories...


4 crew members ejected safely after Navy jets crashed at Idaho show

Navy fighter jets collideAn air show at Mountain Home Air Force Base in southwestern Idaho was canceled on Sunday,...

Remains of 2nd U.S. soldier who went missing in Morocco have been recovered

Renains of second soldier recoveed in MoroccoThe remains of the second U.S. Army soldier who went missing during military exercises in Morocco...

Pentagon quietly shut legally required program to prevent civilian deaths by military, watchdog finds

PentagonThe Pentagon has quietly dismantled a program it is legally required to operate to prevent and...

Hegseth’s latest attack on Kelly underlines alarm over US weapons stockpiles

HegsethDefense Secretary Pete Hegseth’s latest attack against Sen. Mark Kelly (D-Ariz.) is underscoring the alarm over...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!