TV News LIES

Monday, May 18th

Last update07:39:49 AM GMT

You are here News Journalism & Media Missing Photographer Was Killed Six Weeks Ago in Attack By Gaddafi Forces On Brega

Missing Photographer Was Killed Six Weeks Ago in Attack By Gaddafi Forces On Brega

E-mail Print PDF

Anton Hammerl dead in LibyaReporters Without Borders is saddened to learn that Anton Hammerl, a well-known photographer with South African and Austrian dual nationality who had been missing in Libya for more than six weeks, was killed shortly after disappearing in the east of the country on 4 April.

It had been assumed that Hammerl was alive and was being held by pro-Gaddafi forces. "The civil war in Libya has been particularly deadly for photographers," the press freedom organization said. "It is time this stopped. Reporters have been paying too high a price in this war. The authorities in Tripoli and those in Benghazi should give their troops clear directives to respect the work of journalists."

In a message posted on Facebook today, Hammerl's family said: "On 5 April 2011, Anton was shot by Gaddafi's forces in an extremely remote location in the Libyan desert. According to eyewitnesses, his injuries were such that he could not have survived without medical attention."

Reporters Without Borders is deeply shocked by the news, especially as the Libyan government had indicated on several occasions that he was alive. Austria's foreign ministry had also said on 25 April that he was alive and that it was negotiating his release with the authorities in Tripoli.

More...


Most Recent Related Stories...


Anderson Cooper emotionally signs off '60 Minutes' after 2 decades

Anderson CooperAnderson Cooper is signing off after 20 years. The CNN anchor, 58, bid farewell to "60 Minutes"...

AOC Slams Bari Weiss For Letting Netanyahu 'Pick' Interviewer For '60 Minutes' Segment

AOCRep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) torched CBS News Editor-In-Chief Bari Weiss on Thursday after reports surfaced that...

Tapper rips Trump’s ‘deranged’ attacks on CNN, New York Times Iran reporting

Jake TapperCNN anchor Jake Tapper ripped President Trump’s attacks on the media as “deranged” on Friday after...

US takes steps to indict former Cuban leader Raúl Castro

Raoul Castro The United States is moving to indict Raúl Castro, the former Cuban president, two sources familiar...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!