TV News LIES

Sunday, Feb 22nd

Last update09:11:22 AM GMT

You are here News International Dutoit out at 7 symphonies amid sexual assault accusations

Dutoit out at 7 symphonies amid sexual assault accusations

E-mail Print PDF
Charles Dutoit out at seven symphoniesThe stellar career of world-renowned conductor Charles Dutoit has come crashing down in the wake of sexual assault accusations by three singers and a musician. Symphonies from Boston to Sydney have severed ties with the maestro, and he has cancelled guest appearances with other major orchestras.

The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in London, where the 81-year-old Dutoit is artistic director and principal conductor, issued a statement early Friday saying the symphony and Dutoit "have jointly agreed to release him from his forthcoming concert obligations with the orchestra for the immediate future."

The Royal Philharmonic statement says the facts should be determined by a legal process and that Dutoit "needs to be given a fair opportunity to seek legal advice and contest these allegations."

Meanwhile, orchestras in New York, Chicago and Cleveland announced that Dutoit has withdrawn his services for upcoming concerts. In addition to Sydney and Boston, the San Francisco Symphony cut ties with Dutoit, citing the "serious nature of the allegations" detailed by The Associated Press. He had been set to appear at the New York Philharmonic next month; the other performances were scattered through 2018.

More...


Most Recent Related Stories...


'Given a gun and sent to die': Kenyans lured to fight for Russia in Ukraine

Kenyans die in Russia's warIn Sikonga village, Kisii County, a mother's wails fill the house. Dennis Bagaka Ombwori, 39, the...

$75M Russian Air Defenses Downed as Ukraine Strikes Multiple Russian Positions in Zaporizhzhia

Ukraine destroys Russian defense systemThe Unmanned Systems Forces (USF) destroyed three Russian Tor-M1 air defense systems, worth a total of...

A low-profile Israeli-Cypriot real estate billionaire began sketching Gaza’s future within days of Oct. 7.

Yakior GabayAt the inaugural Board of Peace meeting in Washington on Feb. 19, 2026, Yakir Gabay laid...

US envoy Mike Huckabee says it would be ‘fine’ if Israel took all Middle East land

Mike HuckabeeThe US’s ambassador to Israel, Mike Huckabee, has contended to the podcaster Tucker Carlson that Israel...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!