A suicide bomber attacked a British embassy vehicle in the Afghan capital on Thursday, killing five people including one Briton, officials said.
The blast in the east of Kabul wounded 33 people, including many bystanders, the latest in a wave of bombings to hit the city as the majority of foreign combat troops prepare to withdraw from the country by the end of the year.
Taliban insurgents, who were ousted from power by a U.S.-led coalition in 2001, claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it "targeted foreign invading forces".
Attacks aimed at foreign embassy personnel are less common than the near-daily strikes against Afghan and international military forces on the country's roads.



The office of the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court last month filed a secret arrest...
The presence of two secret Israeli bases in Iraq may have led to the death of...
President Volodymyr Zelensky said Ukrainian long-range strikes have sharply reduced Russian oil refining in recent months,...
The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), in tandem with the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU), has...





























