Pope Francis has removed a Roman Catholic bishop in Peru who an influential former prelate says is suspected of sexually abusing minors.
Gabino Miranda, 53, was removed as part of the new pope's "zero tolerance" policy against abuse, the Rev. Luis Bambaren, the retired former Peruvian bishops' conference chief, told reporters on Friday.
Miranda is only the second bishop known to have been removed in recent times by the Vatican over sex abuse allegations.
The Rev. Percy Quispe, spokesman for the archdiocese of Ayacucho where Miranda was assigned, confirmed his removal to The Associated Press on Saturday.



President Volodymyr Zelensky said Ukrainian long-range strikes have sharply reduced Russian oil refining in recent months,...
The office of the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court last month filed a secret arrest...
The presence of two secret Israeli bases in Iraq may have led to the death of...





























