TV News LIES

Sunday, May 24th

Last update08:26:43 AM GMT

You are here News International IDF says it regrets killing civilian in Hebron raid, but defends operation

IDF says it regrets killing civilian in Hebron raid, but defends operation

E-mail Print PDF

Wife of Palestinian man killed by IDF - AFP - Jan 5 2011 	  The wife of Amr Qawasme, the 65-year-old Palestinian killed by IDF troopThe Israel Defense Forces said on Friday that it regrets the killing of a Palestinian man who was shot during a raid on a Hamas cell in the West Bank city of Hebron.

Amr Qawasme, a 65-year-old Hebron resident, was killed early Friday during an IDF raid during which six Hamas members were re-arrested after being released by the Palestinian Authority the previous day. Medical sources said Qawasme, who was unarmed at the time, was brought dead to hospital with several bullet wounds to the upper part of his body. They said the man had been shot in a building the soldiers had raided to arrest one of the Hamas members.

The IDF confirmed that the man was "present in one of the terrorist's home." They further clarified that during the raid, they arrested Wael Mahmoud Said Bitar, a senior member of the Hamas armed infrastructure in the Hebron Region.

"Bitar was the assistant of Shehab Natshe, who planned the suicide bombing in Dimona of 2008, in which an Israeli woman was killed and ten civilians were injured," the IDF statement said. "After Natshe was killed, Bitar planned several suicide attacks that were eventually thwarted."

More...


Most Recent Related Stories...


Ukraine war briefing: Zelenskyy sounds warning after Russia strikes Kyiv with Oreshnik missile

Ukranians in shelter in KyivUkraine’s capital Kyiv was hit by a massive strike of missiles and drones early on Sunday,...

France bans Israel’s Ben-Gvir from entering country, urges EU sanctions

Gvir barred from FranceFrance has banned Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir from entering French territory, French Foreign Minister...

US temporarily bans green-card holders from entering country from African nations

US temporarily bans green card holders from AfricaUS authorities have temporarily banned green-card holders from entering the country if they have traveled to...

NATO Chief: Ukraine Must Have What It Needs to Defend Itself

NATO Gen Mark RetteNATO Secretary General Mark Rutte said continued support for Ukraine is central to the alliance’s security,...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!