The UN humanitarian relief chief, Tom Fletcher, has sounded the alarm over rising violence in the occupied West Bank, where attacks by Israeli settlers on Palestinians and their property continue to escalate.
“Many of these attacks are linked to Palestinians’ attempts to harvest their olive crops,” he said in a statement on Tuesday.
“Palestinians have been killed and injured. Their homes and property damaged. Their livestock attacked.”
Mr. Fletcher said that more trees have been damaged, and more communities affected this year than in the previous six years combined.
“The failure to prevent or punish such attacks is inconsistent with international law,” he warned. “Palestinians must be protected. Impunity cannot prevail. Perpetrators must be held accountable.”
His remarks follow warnings from the UN Spokesperson’s Office last week that violence by Israeli settlers has surged across the West Bank, often under the watch of Israeli security forces.



The UK’s largest public sector pension pool quietly sold its holdings of Israeli government bonds last...
A group of some of the world's leading aid organisations on Thursday said US President Donald...
A federal judge on Friday dismissed the criminal case against Kilmar Abrego Garcia, siding with the...





























