At least four people were killed and 10 others were wounded in a shooting at a family party in Stockton, California, on Nov. 29, according to local police.
Gunfire erupted inside a banquet hall in California’s Central Valley, where a family had gathered to celebrate a child’s birthday party, the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office said.
Several of the 14 victims, including children and adults, were taken to local hospitals. Four have been confirmed dead. Heather Brent, a spokesperson for the sheriff’s office, said early indications suggest the shooting may have been a “targeted incident.” Police are still searching for the shooting suspect.
Here’s what we know so far.
What happened?
As of 9 a.m. ET Nov. 30, Brent told USA TODAY, the sheriff’s office had limited information about the shooting.
Police received reports of gunfire at the banquet hall shortly before 6 p.m. Nov. 29. The shooting broke out during a child’s birthday party, Brent said. It occurred at a shopping mall complex that includes a Dairy Queen, a donut shop and an Asian restaurant.
San Joaquin District Attorney Ron Frietas said at a Nov. 29 news conference, shortly after the incident, that the suspect was still at large. Officials asked anyone with information to contact the sheriff’s office.
“This is a very active and ongoing investigation," Brent said at the news conference.



For more than a half century, Tom Stoppard was one of the most acclaimed playwrights in...
Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of murdering George Floyd, was stabbed by another...
O.J. Simpson's estate agreed to pay nearly $58 million to Ron Goldman’s father, decades after the...





























