CEO Mary Barra said in a letter Monday to environmental groups that GM will pull out of the lawsuit, and it urges other automakers to do so.
She said the company agrees with President-elect Joe Biden’s plan to expand electric vehicle use. Last week, GM said it is testing a new battery chemistry that will bring electric-vehicle costs down to those of gas-powered vehicles within five years.
Barra sent the letter after a call with California Gov. Gavin Newsom, the company said.
“We believe the ambitious electrification goals of the President-elect, California, and General Motors are aligned, to address climate change by drastically reducing automobile emissions,” Barra said in the letter.



Construction on the nation’s largest infrastructure project can resume after a court ordered the Trump administration...
Eight backcountry skiers have been found dead and one remains missing after an avalanche near Lake...
Six backcountry skiers were stranded and 10 others were missing on Tuesday, Feb. 17, after an...





























